Wednesday, June 25, 2014

maxi dresses

I have been living in maxi dresses this summer.  I love them to death. I bought two styles from Target in every color, as I like to wear a uniform and am incapable of dressing myself in a wide and varied wardrobe.   Since Target is holding a buy one get on 50% off this week on women's dresses, I thought I would share.

This summer's uniform is this dress:

And this dress paired with lots of colorful statement necklaces:


I am 5'2-ish and 145 lbs, usually a size 10 or 12.  The colorblock dress is a petite medium and I love the length and fit, no adjustments needed.

The solid color dress does not look terribly attractive in the above picture, but I love it on.  The verrrry low cut top offsets the muu-muu effect.  However, order a size down. I have two in the medium, and they fit fine, but the top is a bit loose.  When I ordered a few more I went with the small petite, which fits my top perfectly and also fits on the bottom.

I ran the petite smalls through the dryer and they are about an inch off the floor.  If you are shorter than 5'2 you might have to get them hemmed.  I tried on the regular size medium and it was a foot too long.

The petite is on clearance for $13 (buy two, get the second one for $6.50!).  The regular not-petite size is $24.99 for some reason.

Lastly, I am contemplating this:

Cardigans are also on sale! 

4 comments:

  1. Have been contemplating jumping on the maxi dress train, but I hate being hot and it seems like all that fabric would not feel good. Any issues with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had a problem with being hot in them. I do find that I feel better in cotton (or cotton-ish) fabric, rather than those no-wrinkle, shiny rayon type dresses. I looked at the fabric content of these dresses, because they feel light, like cotton, not those horrible shiny rayon dresses, and weirdly enough, they are a polyester/rayon/spandex blend. But they feel good.

      Also, I always wear petti-pants (I talked about Amish underpants in this post: http://trappedinnorthjersey.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-search-of-mennonite-underwear.html). These slips keep me from feeling hot and sweaty in the undercarriage.

      For $13, its not a big investment if you hate them :-)

      Delete
  2. I love dresses. A complete outfit, no decisions. Right up my alley;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Indian dresses are beautiful and chic. I buy dresses all the time and love womens trendy tunic tops and fashion dresses preferably from cotton. India tops appeal to me in design and the nice long length and long sleeves. 
    Designer suits online

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments even more than I love cookies.