Wednesday, December 29, 2010
*Arg, forgot to mention that I lifted this meme from Jive Turkey, whose answers are infinitely more interesting.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Start a blog!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Hahahaah. Uh, no. Last year I resolved to spend 10% less, give1% to charity, and lose weight. Our spending did not decrease, we gave zip to charity, and while I lost 30 lbs, I've put back on 15. EPIC FAIL.
2011's resolutions are pretty much the same, but I"m trying new ways to accomplish them.
Reining in spending--we started using a Quicken-like product, instead of my excel spreadsheets.
Give 1% to charity--I'm setting this up as an automated debit this year, so it actually gets done.
Lose weight--I joined Weight Watchers yesterday.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my sister! Hi, Denise!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my grandfather.
5. What places did you visit?
We visited the Mister's grandmother in Italy, and vacationed in Costa Rica. This put a giant dent in the vacation budget for 2011. I foresee answering "no, we went nowhere" to this question at the end of 2011.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Get out of Craptasticville.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 7th, the day my oldest started kindergarten. Waaaah. Need more babies.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I started a blog! And I update it on a regular basis. That has been a very nice thing.
9. What was your biggest failure?
On the bright side, I don't have any big failures. Aside from that whole spend less/lose weight thing.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, which was a nice change from 2009, the Year of Multiple Plagues.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I'm pretty fond of the new grill.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The Mister. He works so hard to provide for us and is fun to have around, to boot.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Eh, lets not go there.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The short people are kind of expensive to have around.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing Harry Potter 7. Going to Italy.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Bedrock by Young Money. (I think its by Young Money.) And that Chris Brown song that they play at weddings that I can never remember the name of. Forever!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? About the same.
b) thinner or fatter? A little thinner, but I'm doing my best to be just as fat.
c) richer or poorer? Eh, about the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercised more patience. Exercised, period.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating cookies. Losing my temper.
20. How did you spend Christmas last year?
Same as always, Christmas Eve with the Mister's family, Christmas Day with mine.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Everything I like gets canceled. Fringe is pretty good, and on the verge of being canceled.
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2010?
I can't remember. I think the kids baked me a cake and I got some nice pillows.
24. What was the best book you read?
The entire Harry Potter series, the Hunger Games series.
25. What did you want and get?
Pretty pillows and pretty curtains. A new grill.
26. What did you want and not get?
Getting out of Craptasticville. We are still here. I have high hopes for escape in 2011. Also, I really want a new damn sofa. This does not appear to be on the agenda for 2011, either.
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
I've only seen one movie this year, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. So I guess that makes it my favorite.
28. Did you make some new friends this year?
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Moving back to South Jersey. That clearly didn't happen.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Dowdy. Frumpy. Sweatpantsy. Driven by nursing.
31. What kept you sane?
This blog has been a lovely creative outlet.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
This is a dumb question. None.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Taxes. Also, not really a political issue at the forefront here, but the price of real estate.
34. Who did you miss?
All of Burlington and Camden County.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Keep your mouth shut. I learn that lesson over and over, but it never seems to sink in.